Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Android vs iOS


The Samsung S IV is getting mixed reviews, I'm not surprised. I recently helped a family member with an S III. The amount of crappy software on that device was amazing, from the user's perspective we're talking 80% crap.

The S III was purchased at my recommendation, I hadn't really spent any time with one, figured they were solid based on sales performance. This person had an ancient Android device from HTC; figured the flagship Samsung device would be great. It was OK, not great. If I could do it over again I would have recommended the iPhone 5.

It's become pretty obvious that the only way to go Android is to leverage a pure version. For those of us who don't want to mess around with installing the OS from the web, this doesn't leave many options.

My last three phones have been:
  • Nexus One (HTC)
  • Galaxy Nexus (Samsung)
  • Nexus 4 (LG)
All unlocked and off contact for the most part. All very solid phones. I'm a very spoiled Android user. I've always had access to the latest version and never really had to worry about corporate BS from a manufacturer or carrier. I am atypical.

I love Android, but if you're not going native; you'd be crazy not to go with iOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment